Document Management for the Transportation and Logistics Industry
How can document management improve the bottom line in the transport and logistics sector?
DCS has helped global logistics clients such as BAA, National Rail, Tube Lines and SDV Logistics reduce costs by replacing paper based processes with automated electronic document workflow. Other benefits of document management include:
- Effective information management – Digital documents mean reduced paper handling and centralised, shared document access across geographically distributed operations without physical mailing costs and delays.
- Improve efficiency of processes – Document management solutions help companies operate more effectively by reducing inefficiencies in processes such as invoice management. Converting POD or GRN documents to a digital format enables automated reconciliation and straight through processing of invoices.
- Provide better customer service – With more efficient internal processes companies are able to provide better customer service and stay ahead of competition.
- Comply with regulations – It is easier and more cost effective to apply retention rules to different document types and adhere to other compliance regulations with electronic document management.
How it works
DCS can install Kofax software and FileStore to electronically manage delivery documents and invoices helping you improve the efficiency of order to payment process.
- Kofax Capture - Capture the usable data from bills of landing, proof of delivery, goods received notes, invoices or credit notes for immediate access on your systems.
- FileStore EDM - Centrally store all documents - BOL, POD, GRN, sales, purchasing or vehicle documents and retrieve them in seconds with secure, browser-based access from any location.
- FileStore BPM - Automate back office operations like HR, accounts payable and order tracking processes by simply defining the workflow in a Visio based tool and monitoring progress through dashboards.
To discuss how document management solutions can help improve efficiency of operation and give you a competitive edge call one of our business consultants on 01753 616 720 or email your enquiry to email@example.com