Legal Case Management Software Solutions
The high volume of paperwork which has to be processed in legal cases impacts on case cycle time. By adopting an electronic case management strategy, forward-thinking law firms can exploit the latest document management and workflow technology to cut cycle times and reduce the administrative burden.
The legal case management solution from UK based DCS Ltd allows legal firms to side-line paper intensive photocopying, distribution and filing processes. Instead, practices are able to digitise and electronically store paperwork as it arrives and build electronic case files which can be securely shared with remote collaborators using standard web browser technology.
The DCS electronic case management solution allows legal practices to
- Electronically capture and index high volumes of paper and electronic case documents
- Create electronic case files for each client containing legally-admissible, BIP0008-compliant scanned documents
- Store case files in a secure central repository with online access to authorised team members and external collaborators
- Easily append case-related documents and records to each case file
- Improve the speed and efficiency of collaboration compared with paper based working
- Reduce the time to prepare court bundles through access to indexed and searchable electronic case documents
- Meet legal discovery requirements quickly and effectively by maintaining complete case histories and related documents in one central repository
- Rapidly search electronic documents for case-related keywords
- Set up rule-based workflows for more efficient case management – for example: automated document prioritising or automated “missing document” alerts
- Significantly reduce paper handling and storage costs
DCS software for case management is also designed to work with existing case management systems, where it will improve and augment their functionality in the areas of records management, information/document capture from multiple channels and process automation for efficient routing and collaboration.
Improved compliance in high volume case document management
The DCS legal case management software gives you greater control over case document compliance. Our consultants can help you set up and apply compliance-based rules to documents during the capture process. Criteria affecting document retention will then be automatically applied to specified document types, reducing reliance on individual staff knowledge. Special storage rules can be applied to meet requirements for long-term case document retention.
Legal case management case study
DCS implemented an on-site solution for fourth largest UK law firm Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, enabling the electronic capture of up to six million document pages per annum. The DCS solution was designed to integrate with the firm’s existing case management solution allowing them to implement an up-front scanning process. In contrast to scanning to archive, up-front scanning is used to digitise documents on arrival at the firm and deliver them for use in electronic case management workflows. A significant benefit was the ability of the DCS document capture solution to identify case reference numbers which are essential for Irwin Mitchell’s case allocation system.
Additional benefits of case management document capture include:
- Dramatic reduction in paper storage costs
- Faster, more efficient case management by removing paper from the process
- Reduced staff time spent allocating case handlers
- Reduced administrative effort through automatic filing to the case management system
- Reduced risk of delay in processing priority documents with automated prioritising